Why I'm Running
I am running for the 7th District (City of Grandville and the north part of Wyoming) of the Kent County Commission, the county’s legislative and policy-making body. I envision a community that:
- Protects our water, air, and environment
- Increases and expands access to county parks and recreation
- Advocates for public health
- Strives for an economy that uplifts everyone
Kent County is a great place to live and work and I am excited to serve the community.
About Jane Newton
I grew up in Northwest Illinois and moved to Michigan to attend Grand Valley State University where I earned a bachelor’s degree in advertising and public relations and a master’s degree in communications. Currently, I'm employed as a digital asset and compliance manager.
My husband, Michael, and I moved to Grandville in 2012. We love spending time outside with our rescue dog, Porter, on Kent Trails and at city and county parks.
I am passionate about protecting the environment and our watershed, reducing waste, and preserving natural resources. I currently serve as the vice-chair of Grandville’s Environmental Sustainability Committee.
- State Senator Winnie Brinks
- State Representative Rachel Hood
- State Representative David LaGrand
- County Commissioner Phil Skaggs
- County Commissioner Stephen Wooden
- Martha Stout Vermeulen
- Rev. Vern Hoffman
- Kent County Black Caucus
- Citizens for Preserving Kent County Farms
- IBEW Local 275
- Planned Parenthood Advocates of Michigan
- Progressive Women's Alliance
- Sierra Club
- West Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council
Help make our campaign a success!
STAY IN TOUCH
Get updates from the campaign